When and How to Apply
When to Apply
October 1, 2014: Application period opens
Jan. 12, 2015: Early decision deadline. Admission application files completed by this date will be reviewed in late January/early February by the MiT Admissions Committee.
April 6, 2015: Final deadline. All application materials are due. Applications completed after deadline reviewed on space available basis.
The MiT program begins a new cycle each year, beginning in late September. Those applying to the program must complete the application file, including test scores, by the application deadline.
- Download the application (PDF) or
- apply on-line. Be prepared to upload a resume, endorsement worksheet, personal statement and critical analysis essay. In addition, list names, emails and phone numbers for three people who can provide letters of recommendation. They will be contacted to submit their letters online.
- See checklist of all required items for a complete file.
- Submit all materials directly to: The Evergreen State College, Office of Admissions 2700 Evergreen Parkway NW Olympia, WA 98505
- Contact Admissions directly at 360.867.6170 to monitor the receipt of application materials, especially those items sent directly to your file from elsewhere, such as test scores, transcripts and letters of recommendation.
- Official transcripts are required from all colleges attended, including Evergreen.
- The Admissions Committee will review complete applications through mid-spring. Applications not completed by the April 6, 2015, deadline will be considered on a space-available basis only. The review process generally takes three to five weeks.
- Prospective students are urged to plan ahead and complete their applications as early as possible to ensure full consideration. Admission to the program is competitive. Available spaces are offered to the most qualified candidates as their respective applications are received and reviewed.
- All application materials become the property of the college and are not returnable or reproducible. Applicants should keep copies of all items submitted.
- Admissions notification letters are sent by mail. Applicants receiving offers of admission are required to confirm their participation in writing and submit a $100 nonrefundable tuition deposit to the Office of Admissions.
Nonrefundable Application fee: $50
Payment for paper applications can be made 1) in person at college cashier by cash, check, money order or debit card with Mastercard or Visa logo and pin; 2) through web payment using e-check (requires routing and bank account number) or Master Card, Discover or American Express credit card (2.75% convenience charge applies); 3) through mail by check or money order.
On-line applicants should be prepared to make a credit card payment.
Fee waiver available to current AmeriCorps participants or AmeriCorps alumni and Veterans. Contact MiT advisor Maggie Foran for instructions.