Visit Us or Learn More
Discover more about MPA on campus or at an information session or event near you.
To get a printed brochure, reminder emails, and information about upcoming events, sign up for our mailing list by your concentration of interest:
Join us at one of the following evening information sessions to find out more about the MPA program's Public & Nonprofit Administration and Public Policy concentrations, including schedule, admissions requirements, financial aid, and to answer any questions you may have.
- Thursday, July 20 from 5:30-6:30 pm at the Olympia Timberland Library (downtown Olympia)
- Wednesday, September 6 from 5:30-6:30 pm at the Olympia Timberland Library (downtown Olympia)
- Thursday, October 5 from 5:30-6:30 pm at the Olympia Timberland Library (downtown Olympia)
For information about the Tribal Governance concentration, contact Assistant MPA Director Puanani Nihoa, at (360) 867-6202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit A Class
Visit 1st Year Core to see for yourself what the MPA program is really like.
For the Public & Nonprofit Administration and Public Policy concentrations (which meet together as one group, the "PNAPP" cohort):
- Visit one night of 1st Year Core, which meets during Fall, Winter and Spring quarters on Thursday nights from 6 to 10 pm.
- Feel welcome to drop by — just notify faculty when you get there, and you can drop in for a few minutes or stay until 10 pm, whatever works for you!
- Get a good feel for class by observing and then talking with current students and faculty at the break: we ask that visitors minimize participation in class and seminar discussions.
- In the Fall 2017 quarter, the 1st Year Core course is “The Context of Public Administration PNAPP.” Visitors are welcome October 5 (week 2) through November 30 (week 9).
- Fall quarter 1st Year Core meets in the Seminar 2 building complex, *E* building, Room E1105 (ground floor).
- Plan to get to campus by 5:40 to have time to park and make your way to class. Parking costs $3—cash only—and the closest parking is in Lot C.
- See the MPA Course Syllabi page for the course syllabus, which you can use to plan your visit if you wish: the syllabus includes a schedule of topics that will be discussed each week.
- Campus map and directions
For the Tribal Governance concentration/cohort:
- Visit part of a 1st Year Core or a Tribal Governance concentration course, which meet during Fall, Winter and Spring on alternating weekends.
- In the Fall quarter, the 1st Year Core course is “Policy, Finance and Budgeting for Public Administration-Tribal.” The Tribal Governance concentration course is “Tribal Organizations.”
- For more information about arranging a class visit, contact Assistant MPA Director—Tribal Puanani Nihoa.
You can also check our MPA Course Syllabi page for the syllabus (and check out course info for other courses, too).
Evergreen offers tours Monday – Friday at 11 am or 2:30 pm from the Admissions office in the bottom floor of the Library Building. No need to register.
Meet Us Where You Are
Meet MPA staff at an event near you. Upcoming events are listed below.
Monday, October 9, 5 to 8 pm