Undergraduate Scholars Program
17th Annual First Peoples Scholars Program
Monday, September 16th to Sunday, September 29th, 2013
We invite you to participate in the Seventeenth Annual First Peoples Scholars Program.
Registration Form will be available March 1.
If you want to get to know a little more about Evergreen before Orientation and meet new students, faculty and staff of color in a relaxed casual atmosphere, then this program is for you.
As a new student you probably have a lot of questions about your new environment...
- Will I know anybody?
- What will my dorm room be like?
- What will seminar be like?
- Will I be able to get a campus job?
- Where can I go if I need help?
Do any of these sound familiar?
We have designed a program to fit your needs and give you a jumpstart into the exciting world of Evergreen!
- Meet other students who may have the same concerns, questions and interests that you do and have a little fun.
- Be personally introduced to essential offices and staff on campus such as Financial Aid, Career Development and Academic Advising.
- Learn more about Evergreen's teaching and learning philosophy.
- Get to know the campus and the surrounding community.
- Become familiar with a variety of resources on and off campus.
- Network with staff who can support and nurture your academic and personal growth.
"It gave me a real head start. I recommend this program to anyone who is a little apprehensive about moving to a new place with new people. First Peoples' orientation helped me to feel very welcome and comfortable when I first came to Evergreen. Everyone was so personable and caring, I met people who have become some of my best friends." - Miles Miller