Undergraduate Scholars Program
If you want to get to know a little more about Evergreen before Orientation and meet new students, faculty and staff of color in a relaxed casual atmosphere, then this program is for you!
As a new student you probably have a lot of questions about your new environment...
- Will I know anybody?
- What will my dorm room be like?
- What will seminar be like?
- Will I be able to get a campus job?
- Where can I go if I need help?
Do any of these sound familiar? We have designed a program to fit your needs and give you a jumpstart into the exciting world of Evergreen! We're here to answer questions and to ease your transition into our community.
Our program will enable you to:
- Meet other students who may have the same concerns, questions and interests that you do and have a little fun.
- Be personally introduced to essential offices and staff on campus such as Financial Aid, Career Development and Academic Advising.
- Learn more about Evergreen's teaching and learning philosophy.
- Get to know the campus and the surrounding community.
- Become familiar with a variety of resources on and off campus.
- Network with staff who can support and nurture your academic and personal growth.
"It gave me a real head start. I recommend this program to anyone who is a little apprehensive about moving to a new place with new people. First Peoples' orientation helped me to feel very welcome and comfortable when I first came to Evergreen. Everyone was so personable and caring, I met people who have become some of my best friends." - Miles Miller
Fall 2014 First Peoples Scholars Program Registration Form (PDF)
(Note: You can only fill out and save this form from your browser if you are using Internet Explorer. If you are using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari you will need to left- or control-click on the link above and save the form to your computer, where you can open it with Adobe Reader. Then you can fill it out, save it, and send it to us as an attachment).
Completed forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or "snail-mailed" to:
First Peoples Scholars Program
c/o Jackie McClenny, Library 2153
The Evergreen State College
2700 Evergreen Parkway NW
Olympia, WA 98505
If you have any questions about the Registration Form, please call Jackie McClenny at 360-867-6284 or email email@example.com.