#1 Guide to Best Colleges Presents: Fiske Guide Picks
Published: July 12, 2010 10:00 AM
Evergreen Among Ten Environmental Studies Schools that Should be on Students' Radar
The revised and updated 2011 edition of The Fiske Guide to Colleges by Edward B. Fiske features over 300 of the country’s best and most interesting colleges and universities. Readers will discover the real personality of each school based on a broad range of subjects including student body, academics, social life, and financial aid.
Edward Fiske has personally handpicked ten undergrad environmental studies programs that should be on students’ radar for the 2011 academic year.
- Colby College – In small-town Maine, an ideal perch to study the environment.
- College of the Atlantic – Tiny college for alternative types that is totally devoted to environmental study.
- University of California at Davis – The University of California’s cow college, and its hub for studying the environment.
- University of Colorado at Boulder – There is no bigger draw than Boulder for the nation’s green movement.
- Dartmouth College – The Ivy League’s only rural outpost, and its leading program in environmental studies.
- Eckerd College – Small college near St. Petersburg with its own stretch of Gulf Coast beach.
- The Evergreen State College – Epicenter of all things green in the Pacific Northwest.
- University of North Carolina at Asheville – Set among the North Carolina mountains
- Tulane University – After Hurricane Katrina, Tulane stepped up its game.
- University of Washington – Leader in the study of the environment in the seas as well as on land.
The Fiske Guide to Colleges 2011 is fiercely independent. The Fiske Guide accepts no consulting, advertising, or other fees from colleges and has no outside relationship with colleges working on its behalf. The Fiske Guide’s only goal is to help future students select the best colleges to reach their own goals.
About Edward Fiske
Edward B. Fiske served for 17 years as Education Editor of the New York Times, during which time he realized that college-bound students and their families needed better information on which to base their educational choices. He wrote The Fiske Guide to Colleges to help them. He co-wrote, along with Bruce G. Hammond, The Fiske Guide to Nailing the SAT, as well as Fiske What to do When for CollegeThe Fiske Guide to Getting into the Right College.
Jason Wettstein Media & Community Relations Manager
The Evergreen State College