Graduation & Commencement
Join us for a wonderful outdoor celebration of the class of 2018! Commencement will be held on Red Square at the center of Evergreen’s Olympia campus, rain or shine.
Friday June 15 at 1 pm
Anyone who needs or wishes to can view live, synchronous captions from the commencement ceremony.
What to Expect
- The ceremony will start at 1 p.m. and last about three hours.
- Tickets are not required.
- We recommend early arrival for best seating and parking.
- Graduates are not required to wear caps and gowns, although many do. Evergreen’s graduation is known for creative garb! You can order a cap and gown through the bookstore.
- There will be enhanced security to ensure safety for all graduates, guests and the Evergreen community. Evergreen Police Services, along with Thurston County Sheriff/Washington State Patrol officers and professional security personnel will be working to direct traffic, monitor campus and keep everyone safe.
- We will have dynamic commencement speakers, including Evergreen alumna and state legislator Sharon Tomiko Santos ‘85, undergraduate speaker Aurielle Marie, graduate speaker Riel LaPlant of the Amskapii Pikuni Nation, and faculty speaker Terry Setter.
- A reception will be held afterward, in the Daniel J. Evans Library Lobby.
For more information, contact Evergreen Enrollment Services, LIB 1245, 360-867-6310
2018 Tacoma Graduation Celebration
Saturday June 16 at 1 pm
Tacoma Campus Parking Lot, 1210 6th Ave, Tacoma WA 98405