How to Apply for Housing
Once you're admitted to Evergreen, pay the $45 application fee online and complete the Housing Application.
If you are a first year student, consider applying for the Evergreen Civic Engagement Institute!
- You rent one bed in either a shared or private bedroom.
- You can transfer to another room or building during your contract, if spaces are available.
- Your rent is based on the bed assigned to you.
- Empty beds in your unit are available to other Evergreen students who match living criteria such as age and gender (if applicable).
- During the self assignment process, you can hold roommate spaces for 24 hours and invite roommates to log on and reserve their space within 24 hours. Please coordinate with your desired roommates to make sure they have an Evergreen account and are ready to make their deposit.
- Fall contracts are for the full 10-month academic year.
- Winter contracts are for winter and spring quarters.
- Spring contracts are for spring quarter.
- The meal plan requirement is for the entire academic year for all residents who have 40 or fewer credits at the time they move onto campus. Residents are responsible for understanding and adhering to the Meal Plan Contract (www.campusdish.com/en-US/CSW/EvergreenStateCollege/DiningPlans/MandatoryDiningPlans.htm).
- Students with more than 40 credit hours, faculty & staff may choose from a variety of Voluntary Dining Plans
Keep your address up-to-date with the Registration and Records office by phone at (360) 867-6180 or at my.evergreen.edu. All Evergreen offices use address information from Registration and Records, if your address is not up to date you may miss important information.
Residential and Dining Services sends important information to your Evergreen email account. During the application process you may add a parent or guardian's email to be included in our communications. If you are forwarding email, ensure that you receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org after applying for housing. If you are not forwarding, make sure you check your Evergreen email regularly. You will receive emails that require timely action on your part to ensure your housing assignment goes smoothly.
Dates, Deadlines, and Emails
This is a guideline only, emails sent and dates are subject to change without notice. All emails are sent to the student’s Evergreen email account.
This page will be updated periodically with links to the actual email texts.
||Applications for the full 2013-14 academic year|
||Housing application process opens; applicants receive a confirmation email and information about their next steps.|
||Self assign process opens at 6am for current campus residents returning next year.
||Current resident only self assign process closes at 9am.|
||Self assign priority session opens for all admitted students ($250 non-refundable rent deposit required within 24 hours of selecting room).
||Self assign priority session closes, first year students applying by this date are guaranteed a space in housing.|
||Self assign second session opens until all available spaces are filled.
||Welcome from the Director email sent.|
||Meal plan email sent (first year students receive info on selecting a meal plan; others receive optional meal plan info).|
|Aug 22||Resident Director welcome email sent.
||Insurance/health information email sent.|
||Check-in email sent. Includes when to arrive, how to get here, etc. and roommate information (names and email addresses).
||Housing Check In starts at 9am on Saturday September 21, 2013.
|| Applications for winter and spring quarters of the 2012-13 academic year
|Nov 1||Winter application process opens; applicants receive a confirmation email and information about their next steps.|
|Dec 14||Self assign process opens on Friday 12/14/2012 at 6pm. ($250 non-refundable rent deposit required within 24 hours of selecting room).|
||Self assign process closes at 9am on Monday 1/2/2013.
||Applications for spring quarter 2013|
|Feb 1||Spring application process opens; applicants receive a confirmation email and information about their next steps.|
|March 22||Self assign process opens Friday 3/22/2012 at 6pm. ($250 non-refundable rent deposit required within 24 hours of selecting room).|
|March 27||Self assign process closes at 9am on Wednesday 3/27/2013.
||Spring quarter check in is Sunday, March 31.
|Summer 2013||Applications for summer 2013|
|May 1||Summer assignment process begins.|
||Summer assignment process closes.
||Summer housing check in is Sunday June 23.