Food & Dining
The Evergreen State College believes high quality campus dining offers the community good opportunities to spend quality time together.
Our dining rooms provide a great setting outside the classroom for interaction with faculty, students, and staff, as well as a comfortable place for off-campus students and visitors.
- The Greenery—CAB 1st Floor
- The MarketPlace—CAB 2nd Floor
- The Corner Store—Housing Community Center (HCC)
- Einstein Bros Bagels—Seminar IIB 1st Floor
- The Alcove—Library Building 1st Floor
- The Flaming Eggplant—Student run café accepting cash only (meal plans not currently accepted)—CAB 3rd Floor
About Food at Evergreen
Dining services are provided by a contracted food service provider, Aramark. The current contract is administered by the Director of Residential and Dining Services.
Feedback is provided to the manager of dining services and the Director of Residential and Dining Services through a food advisory committee (comprised of students, faculty, and staff) and several quarterly surveys,. This feedback is used to continue to improve food quality and food sourcing.
Dining Services was able to achieve a goal of purchasing 40% local and organic products by 2010, and continues to work to improve sustainability efforts. Some of the food is grown on campus at our own wonderful Organic Farm.
In addition to the contracted food service on campus there is also a student run cafe called the Flaming Eggplant.