Safety & Security
A disaster is any incident that is so large that it overwhelms the normal day-to-day emergency services capabilities for a given location. At Evergreen, the most likely disaster is an earthquake, but our chances of survival are excellent if we all are prepared. The most important thing you can do is learn to be prepared.
Click on a topic title to the left to learn more.
Residential and Dining Services strongly encourages residents to think about and prepare for a natural disaster. We encourage residents to assemble an Emergency Supply Kit that will last at least three days containing:
- Water: three-day supply
- Food: at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food (crackers, peanut butter, canned goods)
- Battery-powered radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First Aid kit
- Whistle: to signal for help
- Dust mask or cotton t-shirt: to help filter the air
- Moist towelettes and hygiene supplies: for sanitation
- Can opener
- Unique needs: such as medication, eyeglasses
- Garbage bags
- Space saver emergency blanket
- Photocopies of credit/ID cards
The evacuation meeting point for fire alarms and other types of emergencies is the large rock next to the Pavilion (also known as the Thunderdome; it's past the fields, near the Mods).
In emergencies, information regarding shelter, first aid and food/water will be available at this location (coordinates 47.074259,-122.970534).