College Recreation Center Rules of Entry
Evergreen's Recreation Center invites everyone from the campus and south sound communities to enjoy its facilities. Rules and procedures for the Recreation Center use have been carefully considered. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the College Recreation Center Administrator at (360)867-6528 or email@example.com. We reserve the right to expel those refusing to cooperate, without refund of fees.
- All children under the age of 18 should be supervised by a parent or an adult at all times in the CRC.
- Evergreen, Education First (EF), South Puget Sound Community College (SPSCC) & St. Martin's University students may enter free-of-charge by presenting their student ID--valid for the current quarter--to the entry door attendant. Other forms of ID/proof will not suffice. Daily sign-in required for EF, SPSCC and SMU students.
- Evergreen Students (only) not enrolled in summer classes may use the College Recreation Center free in the summer by presenting student ID valid for the previous academic term.
- Children under 13 must be supervised by an adult who will remain with them at all times, Kids under 13 are not allowed in the Weight Rooms, even if supervised.
- No one under the age of 18 is permitted to use the saunas.
- Patrons must be out of the building 15 minutes after closing, by: 9:15 pm weekdays, 2:15 pm Saturdays, 8:15 pm during Summer.
- Alarmed doors are to be used only in case of dire emergency such as fire, earthquake, chlorine gas leak, etc. Facilities staff will direct access during emergencies.
- Shoes with cleats may not be worn while walking in the building.
- Court shoes only, in the Gym and Dance Classrooms, and no metal-footed tables or chairs, food or drink are permitted.
- Bikes are prohibited in the Lobby & halls.
- Pets and other non-working animals may not be brought into the building.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the building, and immediately outside its entrances or amphitheatre benches. Designated smoking area is located between CRC main entrance and SEM II Cafe.
- Open flames, candles and smudging or smoldering substances are prohibited throughout the building.
- Unauthorized playing of music is prohibited in the College Recreation Center except for personal stereos with headphones.
- Flyers may be posted on any unassigned bulletin boards, with standard staples, push pins or tacks. Oversized, staple-gunned and/or indecorous flyers/posters will be removed. Flyers soliciting for private services taking place in this facility (unless authorized by staff) are strictly prohibited and will be removed. This includes private swim lessons and personal training.
- Threatening, intimidating or harassing behavior directed toward staff and/or others will result in expulsion, police services notified, and criminal charges if warranted.
Day Users & Groups
Towels can be borrowed free of charge if your photo id is left as collateral. Sorry, quarterly service is not available.
The Pool is a very popular activity area. We strive to provide users with the best possible experience within the constraints of our resources and the laws and codes we must follow. Safety always comes first, and is the reason behind all the rules and limited times for various activities.
The pool is generally the busiest between 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Unfortunately we are unable to guarantee slow and busy times. A minimum of two lanes are kept free for lap swim during all hours except swim meets. Some lane sharing may be necessary during peak use hours.
Locker Room Etiquette
These guidelines exist for the protection of the College Recreation Center patrons and staff and to assure that the locker room atmosphere is safe and accommodating to our recreation center community.
I. Personal locks may be used on lockers.
- Baskets are for overnight use
- Lockers are for day use only
II. Towels and equipment can be checked out at the ECO with I.D. I.D. is returned upon return of equipment/towel.
III. To prevent slippery floors, wring out swimsuits and dry off in the shower area. Please walk carefully and do not run.
IV. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Single occupancy/family changing areas (including lockers and showers) are available as needed on second floor near pool.
V. Patrons must be out of building by closing time. Pool closes 15 minutes prior to building closure. Please plan accordingly.
VI. Items left in locker rooms at the end of our summer operation will be removed. Items can be claimed from the ECO through fall quarter.
VII. Use of cameras or portable electronics of any kind is strictly prohibited in our locker room areas.
VIII. Please inform our staff if any areas of the facility require attention/repair.
These guidelines exist for the protection of the College Recreation Center patrons and staff and to assure that the sauna remains a healthy, safe and comfortable amenity for all users.
- Children under 18 are not allowed in the Sauna.
- Please shower prior to Sauna use.
- Enter and exit slowly.
- In case of emergency, contact nearest CRC staff (pool, check-in desk, ECO).
- Anyone feeling dizzy, faint, thirsty or uncomfortable should leave the sauna immediately.
- If you experience dizziness or faintness, consult a physician prior to returning.
- Avoid prolonged contact with dense materials which can burn skin, such as the concrete floor, exposed nail heads, the heater units, etc.
- Those who are pregnant have heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure should not use sauna without prior medical consultation and permission from their doctor.
- Sit on towel at all times.
- DO NOT:
- Exceed 15 continuous minutes.
- Pour water onto heating element (this is a “dry” sauna).
- Spit, urinate or wring-out clothes.
- Use oils, scents or herbs. Evergreen’s Indoor Clean Air policy prohibits adding scents to the environment.
- Bring food, cell phones, sneakers, dirty or sweaty clothes into the sauna.
- Tamper with light switches, bulbs or bulb covers.
- Exercise in the Sauna.
- Engage in inappropriate or noisy behavior or use suggestive or profane language.
- Leave items to dry unattended.
- Use sauna while under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or other drugs that cause sleepiness, drowsiness or raise or lower blood pressure.
Swimming Pool Rules
- Obey the lifeguards.
- Lifeguards may restrict activities to ensure the safety of all patrons.
- Swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- No shoes, food, drink, or gum allowed on the pool deck.
- No floating devices allowed, except Coast Guard approved life jackets, kickboards, pull buoys and small floatation devices approved by the lifeguard on-duty.
- No running, horseplay, pushing, dunking, etc.
- No hanging on the lane lines.
- Kick boards are for lap swimmers and instruction. They are not toys or floatation devices for children.
- All safety and rescue equipment is to be used by Evergreen lifeguards only. (Exception: during swim classes.)
- Scuba diving is allowed if the diver presents PADI or NAUI divers card. Divers must have a buddy and both divers must be certified. If the pool is crowded, the lifeguard may restrict this activity.
- Swim fins, masks, & snorkels may be worn in the water only, not on the deck.
- Any person whose behavior is grossly immoral, criminal or extremely offensive to others will be reported immediately to the Campus Police and that person will be asked to leave the Pool.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult in the building. There must be one adult for every non-swimming child under 4 feet tall at the shoulder, except those who have passed the swim test, and those taking a swimming lesson with an instructor in the water. Swim test for those under 13: Swim 2 lengths of the pool with a crawl stroke, 2 lengths on their back, and tread water for 3 minutes.
- Lifejackets are not to be used in the pool in place of parental supervision. Children requiring an adult in the water must be within arms length of that adult.
- No diving in the shallow end--6 ft. or less.
- No one is allowed in the pool area unless a lifeguard is present.
- No glass on the deck.
- Swimming attire - swim suits, shorts, tank tops or t-shirts. No pants, sweats, have shirts, or street clothes, except for Marine Craft tests.
- Spectators will not be allowed in the Pool except in designated areas, usually the bleachers.
- Persons with open sores, bandages, and other questionable medical symptoms will not be permitted to use the Pool.
- Only minor injuries will be treated and released. More serious injuries will require the calling of an aid car.
- The Recreation Center will not be responsible for lost or stolen money or articles.
Diving Well Rules
- One person at a time on the board.
- Only one bounce on the board.
- Dive directly off the end of the board.
- No running on the boards.
- No hanging on the boards.
- No swimming or sitting under the boards.
- After diving, swim directly to the ladder or the nearest side of the pool.
- Before diving, make sure the area in front of the board is clear of swimmers.
- No diving for distance.
- The three meter board (high dive) is closed to public use. The only exceptions are diving competitions, designated team practices, and diving classes. A diving coach must be present on the deck. Our diving well does not meet the required length for public use. This rule is for your safety.
- Kayaks are allowed in the Pool only during formally scheduled activities, approved by a CRC Administrator or Head Lifeguards.
- Kayaks and canoes must be washed off thoroughly with a hose before entering the Pool and care must be taken to avoid ramming into the Pool walls.
- Sunbathers must re-shower before entering the pool from the sundeck.
- Glass/breakable containers are prohibited.
- No smoking or drinking alcohol.
Weight Room Etiquette
These guidelines exist for the protection of the College Recreation Center patrons and staff and to assure that the weight room atmosphere is satisfying for its users. We hope you will join us in creating a facility that accommodates a diverse population.
- Anyone under 18 must be supervised by an adult or a coach.
- Be respectful of others and mind safety.
- Wear a shirt, appropriate shoes (closed toe), and exercise clothes at all times.
- Stretch in the Core & Agility Room.
- Re-rack all weights once you are done with them.
- Store belongings in area provided.
- Use safety collars at all times.
- Wipe down equipment after use.
- Children under 13 are not allowed in the Weight Room.
- Music: Be respectful of others when using the radio.
Be Mindful of Safety
Read instructions & check for loose, frayed or worn parts before using equipment. Keep head and limbs clear of moving machine parts. Fully insert selector keys. Lift within your limits. Do not lift free weights if alone in the room. Please report facility and equipment needs/repairs to CRC staff immediately.
Indoor Climbing Gym Rules
Use of the Indoor Climbing Gym is extended to those who abide by all of the following:
General Rules and Regulations
- Use of the Climbing Gym is only allowed to CRC users. Daily access guests must sign a waiver at the check-in desk beforehand.
- Use of the Climbing Gym is only permitted during open hours of the CRC.
- Do not enter the Climbing Gym under the influence of alcohol or drugs which may impact sensory or mobility.
- Be courteous and considerate of other climbers, spectators and the CRC staff.
- No food or drink allowed in the Climbing Gym. Water bottles ok.
- Entry-level climbers are strongly encouraged to attend a CRC entry-level rock climbing course (as posted) prior to unsupervised use of the climbing gym.
Rules for Bouldering
- Do NOT remove holds or other equipment.
- Inspect equipment before use for loose, worn or damaged parts. Report any irregularities to CRC staff immediately.
- Be aware of the location of other climbers. Leave adequate space for climbers to safely drop.
- Use shoes with thoroughly clean soles. NO BARE FEET IN THE CLIMBING GYM.
- Shirts MUST be worn at all times in the climbing gym.
Gym Open Use Rules
- Food & drink, tables, chairs and other hard objects may not be brought into the Gym.
- Only court shoes are allowed:
- Basketball, volleyball or tennis shoes, characterized by a vertical mid-sole and a fairly flat tread etched with parallel lines.
- Other sport shoes, characterized by a flared mid-sole and "waffle" type tread, as well as street shoes, are strictly prohibited, regardless of the sole color.
- Users under 13 years old must be directly supervised by an adult at all times.
- Players must behave in a civil manner at all times.
- No skateboards allowed in the gymnasium.
- The Gym is available for drop in use during all unscheduled hours unless otherwise notified by staff. Gym schedule is posted weekly in the building and is also available online at www.evergreen.edu/schedules.
- The bleachers may only be moved by trained staff, as structural damage may occur if misused.
- Drop in use of either gym space prohibited during basketball and volleyball games or campus events.
- The Gym is available for exclusive use when rented ($35 to $100 per hour per court). Call (360)867-6528 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Gym sports only. Use for field sports and other activities requires special permission from the CRC Administrator.
- Balls or other items are removed from the rafters at the College's convenience.
Racquetball Court Rules
- All courts are limited to 1 hour of playing time per individual & partner per day.
- Knock before entering
- Eyeguards are required
- Wear court shoes. No black sole, running shoes or street shoes.
- Metal racquets must have tip guards.
- Black racquetballs prohibited.
Other rules & procedures apply to use of:
- the Covered Recreation Pavilion
- the Tennis Courts
- the Play fields
Evergreen, SMU, SPSCC and EF students are free to make use of the Play fields, walking/jogging paths and Tennis Courts for the purposes they were intended, for casual recreation on a drop-in basis . For organized group play or any visiting groups, please contact the College Recreation Center Administrator at (360) 867-6528 or email@example.com to reserve space and/or arrange for organized activities. Rental fees may apply.
The Covered Recreation Pavilion is available as a scheduled use space only. Evergreen student clubs and athletics have priority use of this facility. Remaining space, as available is open for space rental. To inquire about renting this space, contact CRC Administrator at (360) 867-6528 or firstname.lastname@example.org.