DLP Wilderness First Responder and EMT Training
September 12-16, 2016
Instruction by Wilderness Medical Center
The hybrid distance learning project (DLP) Wilderness First Responder course requires completion of our home study program and four online exams prior to attending a five day practical session.
The DLP Wilderness First Responder is designed for students who are able to study the didactic material on their own using: our field manual, the course web site, and online tests. Access to a computer and the internet are mandatory; broadband/high speed access is required.
Visit the Wilderness Medicine Center for additional information.
Course Dates & Times
- Class starts at 8am on Monday, September 12th, 2016
- Daily times – the course schedule will vary throughout the course. Class will start promptly at 8:00 am and go until lunch. Afternoon sessions will be a combination of interactive scenarios and skills sessions. See projected syllabus below.
Registration & Fees
- Registration is open until course is full.
- Fee for the WFR and WEMT is $550
- Payment can be made in 3 ways (cash, check, credit card)
- Online (registeration)
- Over the Phone (360-867-6778)
- In Person (Administration Desk of CRC)
Syllabus and Release
The release form is required before the course begins. Please email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:Attention: Chris ErtmanThe Evergreen State College2700 Evergreen Parkway NW, CRC 210Olympia, WA 98505
During your practical session you will be spending quite a bit of time outside (rain, hopefully sun, etc.) and will likely get very dirty during many of the skills sessions and simulations. Bring clothing appropriate to the weather. It should be tough and old enough to withstand a beating. You will also need to bring a notebook, pen, pencil, backpack, water bottle, a pair of heavy hiking socks, and two sets of old clothing that may be cut (two pair of long sleeved shirts, two pair of long pants, and two T-shirts). “Cutable”clothing is required for simulations and practice.
Contact Chris Ertman at email@example.com or dial 360-867-6520