WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment)
Veterans Receiving MGIB Benefits Can Use WAVE To Submit Monthly Verifications
Why Should I Use WAVE?
- WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment) is available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
- You can check on the status of your record, and report changes in your enrollment directly to VA.
- WAVE is the only system available to students World-Wide.
How do I use WAVE?
- Go to www.gibill.va.gov, and click on Wave.
- Follow the log-in instructions.
What Else Can I Do On WAVE?
You can find out the following:
- Has my request for benefits been processed?
Click on the Benefit Status Information to see if VA has updated your record to show your current enrollment. If you've received benefits in a previous term, your record will display on WAVE.
- Has my monthly verification "hit"?
You can see if your verification has been processed, including changes to your enrollment. Be sure to allow two business days for processing of "no-change" verifications. It's not a "real time" system. Changes to your enrollment will take longer.
- Can I start or change my direct deposit?
You can use WAVE to submit your Direct Deposit Information. The information is sent to our Direct Deposit Center for Processing.
- Can VA send me a reminder to do my monthly verification?
WAVE will email you a reminder to verify at the first of the month and again mid-month, if you still need to verify. WAVE can also send you your password if you forget it.
- Can I still use the phone for monthly verifications?
Yes, just dial 877-823-2378 and follow the instructions. However, for any changes to enrollment, you must use the WAVE system.
Application Due Dates for Veteran's Waivers
Contact the Office of Veterans Affairs for application due dates and information.