Jason Andrew Oak Memorial Scholarship
Due Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018
Keep this scholarship funded for future generations.
Offered to a currently enrolled student with at least sophomore standing attending full time who demonstrates an interest in the performing arts with preference given to students passionate about dance or theatre. This scholarship is also intended to support promising students who may be at risk of dropping out of college and who demonstrate financial need.
In addition, the applicant should be one or more of the following:
- Facing high levels of student loan indebtedness
- A first generation student, e.g., a student who is the first in their family to go to college (i.e., neither parent has a four-year college degree)
- Native American
- African American
- A parent
- Age 24-26 and working to complete his or her degree
- Letter of application no longer than two pages. Please speak to the following in your letter of application:
- Describe your interest in performing arts.
- What are you studying at Evergreen and why?
- How do you plan to use your degree after you finish Evergreen?
- Statement, no longer than half of one page, outlining how you meet one of the additional criteria set above.
- FAFSA or WASFA (see How to Apply #4).