Learning Seed Foundation Scholarship
Due Date: Wednesday, February 1, 2017
Keep this scholarship funded for future generations.
Offered to a new or currently enrolled student with at least sophomore standing attending full time. This scholarship is intended to support promising students who may be at risk of dropping out of college for reasons not related to academic performance and who demonstrate financial need. The applicant must also demonstrate a commitment to using their talents to give back to his or her community. Preference will be given to students of color and students who are the first in their family to attend college. In addition, the applicant should be one or more of the following:
- Facing high levels of student loan indebtedness
- A first generation student, e.g., a student who is the first in his or her immediate family to attend college
- Native American
- African American
- A parent
- Age 24-26 and working to complete his or her degree
- Letter of application no longer than two pages. Please speak to the following in your letter of application:
- What are your studying and why?
- How do you plan to use your degree after you finish at Evergreen?
- Describe how you have used your talents to give back to your community, as well as how you intend to do so in the future.
- Statement, no longer than half of one page, outlining how you meet one of the additional criteria set out above.
- Two letters of recommendation supporting your application.
- FAFSA or WASFA (see How to Apply #4).