Deadlines and How to Apply
Application packets for all Scholarships and Tuition Awards must be received by 5 pm February 2, 2015.
The one award not due on February 2 is the the Merit Award. This application is due by May 1, 2015.
There are no separate scholarship or tuition award application forms. Applicants must submit a packet of all required materials specific to each scholarship and tuition award description.
We recommend submitting all materials together to give you assurance that your applications are complete, as receipt of materials may not be confirmed until after March 15, 2015, due to the large volume received.
Notification of awards begins April 1, 2015, and continues through July 31, 2015.
It is possible that you might submit your scholarship and tuition award packets BEFORE you submit an admissions application. However, to be eligible for a scholarship or tuition award, you must be offered admission to the college. Therefore, it is critical that new students complete the application for admission prior to March 1, 2015.
Amounts listed are based on awards determined in August 2014. Amounts for 2015-16 may vary.
Tuition and fees for 2015-16 are subject to change by the 2015 Washington State Legislature.
Steps to take to apply for 2015–16 Scholarships and Tuition Awards:
Pursuant to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, students submitting applications for scholarships or tuition awards are consenting to disclosure of their application materials to committee members on and off campus. This could include information related to scholarship/tuition award eligibility, admissions status, registration status, class standing, and financial need.
- Compose a letter of application that includes your name, student identification number (if assigned), current address, email address and the specific name of the scholarship or tuition award for which you are applying. The letter of application should address your talents, achievements and needs as they relate to that scholarship/tuition award.
Below is an example of the information you should include:
The Evergreen (name of scholarship)
A00000000 (your student id number, if assigned)
Your email address
- Include all letters of recommendation required for each packet. These letters should support the talents, achievements and needs discussed in your letter of application. Letters of recommendation are not confidential.
- When transcripts are required, follow the guidelines below. Unofficial academic transcripts may be submitted for scholarship purposes.
A) New students with fewer than 40 transferable credits should submit high school transcripts, as well as college transcripts.
B) Transfer students with 40 or more transferable credits should submit transcripts from all previous colleges.
C) Currently enrolled Evergreen students should submit copies of Evergreen evaluations. If you do not have copies of your evaluations, you can request copies from the Registration and Records Office. Allow 10 days for processing.
Note: Unofficial academic transcripts may be submitted for scholarship purposes. The Admissions Office, however, requires official copies.
- If demonstrated financial need is part of the selection criteria, you must apply for financial aid for the 2015-16 academic year.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available at www.FAFSA.gov beginning January 1.
Undocumented Washington resident students can apply through the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA). The WASFA application is also available beginning January 1 at www.readysetgrad.org/wasfa.
Submit either the 2015-16 FAFSA or WASFA application no later than February 1 so the information may be received by Evergreen’s Financial Aid Office by March 1. Evergreen’s school code is: 008155. Please do not submit a copy of the financial aid application along with your scholarship application. If you meet the deadline above, the scholarship committees will receive information from Evergreen’s Financial Aid Office.
- If you submit a portfolio as part of the application process, please submit copies or photographs.
Do not submit originals of your work. The college cannot assume liability for damaged or lost work.
- Submitted application packets become the property of the college, with the exception of portfolio materials, tapes, DVDs and videos. Please retrieve portfolio materials no later than October 15, 2014. For more information, call (360) 867-6310 or e-mail us.
Submit all application packets by 5:00 p.m., February 2, 2015 (excluding the Merit Award, due 5/1/2015) to:
Office of Enrollment Services/UG Scholarships
The Evergreen State College
2700 Evergreen Parkway NW
Olympia, WA 98505
The Evergreen State College strongly encourages qualified persons of all races, ethnicities and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, persons over 40, women, and Vietnam Era and disabled veterans to apply for awards listed.