Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Scholarship
Amount: $1,000; multiple awards
Due Date: February 1
Applicants to this scholarship will also be considered for the Dan Evans Scholarship and the Les Purce Scholarship. No separate application is required. Recipients for all three of the opportunities will be selected from a combined application pool.
Offered to a new or currently enrolled student with at least sophomore standing attending full time. This scholarship is intended to support promising students who may be at risk of dropping out of college and who demonstrate financial need. In addition, the applicant should be one or more of the following:
- A first generation student, e.g., a student who is the first in his or her immediate family to attend college
- Native American
- African American
- A parent
- Age 24-26 and working to complete his or her degree
- Facing high levels of student loan indebtedness
- Letter of application no longer than two pages. Please speak to the following in your letter of application:
- What are you studying and why?
- How do you plan to use your degree after you finish Evergreen?
- Statement, no longer than half of one page, outlining how you meet one of the additional criteria set out above.
- Two letters of recommendation supporting your application.
- FAFSA (see Steps to Take #4).