Jeanne Hahn Scholarship
Due Date: February 1
Offered to a new or currently enrolled student with at least sophomore standing attending full time. This scholarship is intended to support promising students who may be at risk of dropping out of college for reasons not related to academic performance, with preference given to a student who is the first in his or her family to attend college and has demonstrated financial need. The successful applicant should demonstrate an interest in political economy or history. In addition, the applicant should be one or more of the following:
- A first generation student, e.g., a student who is the first in his or her immediate family to attend college
- Native American
- African American
- A parent
- Age 24-26 and working to complete his or her degree
- Facing high levels of student loan indebtedness
- Letter of application no longer than two pages. Please speak to the following in your letter of application:
- Your academic interest in political economy or history.
- How do you plan to use your degree after you finish Evergreen?
- Statement, no longer than half of one page, outlining how you meet one of the additional criteria set out above.
- Two letters of recommendation supporting your application.
- FAFSA (see Steps to Take #4).