Jessica Kelso Memorial Scholarship
Due Date: February 2
Keep this scholarship funded for future generations.
Offered to a new or currently enrolled student with at least sophomore standing attending full time intending to travel and study abroad in lesser-developed areas of the world as part of an approved college program or Independant Contract. This scholarship is intended to support promising students who may be at risk of dropping out of college and who demonstrate financial need. In addition, the applicant should be one or more of the following:
- A first generation student, e.g., a student who is the first in their family to go to college (i.e., neither parent has a four-year college degree)
- Native American
- African American
- A parent
- Age 24-26 and working to complete his or her degree
- Facing high levels of student loan indebtedness
- Letter of application no longer than two pages. Please speak to the following in your letter of application:
- Describe your plans to travel and study abroad in lesser-developed areas of the world.
- What are you studying at Evergreen and why?
- How do you plan to use your degree after you finish Evergreen?
- Statement, no longer than half of one page, outlining how you meet one of the additional criteria set out above.
- Two letters of recommendation supporting your application.
- FAFSA or WASFA (see How to Apply #4).