Dan & Sheryl Tishman Scholarship
Amount: $2,000: 11 awarded (renewable)
Due Date: February 2
Keep this scholarship funded for future generations.
Offered to a new or currently enrolled student with at least sophomore standing attending full time and interested in studying sustainability or nature conservation and business. This scholarship is renewable and is dependant upon satisfactory completion of Evergreen Academic work. This scholarship is intended to support promising students who may be at risk of dropping out of college and who demonstrate financial need. In addition, the applicant should be one or more of the following:
- A first generation student, e.g., a student whose parents did not graduate from a 4 year college or university
- Native American
- African American
- A parent
- Age 24-26 and working to complete his or her degree
- Facing high levels of student loan indebtedness
- Letter of application no longer than two pages. Please speak to the following in your letter of application:
- Describe your passion for studying sustainability or nature conservation and business.
- Why are you interested in these fields of study?
- How do you plan to use your degree after you finish Evergreen?
- Statement, no longer than half of one page, outlining how you meet one of the additional criteria set out above.
- Two letters of recommendation supporting your application.
- FAFSA or WASFA (see How to Apply #4).