Training Opportunities for Students
Training opportunities provided through the Student Employment Office will help you to be a more knowledgeable and effective employee in your current job and are also designed to help you in future jobs at Evergreen or other places.
Students who attend a session will receive a certificate of attendance. You may wish to keep these in your portfolio, or your supervisor may wish to see them. Some supervisors are able to pay you for the hours you spend in these trainings; others are not. Be sure to check with your supervisor about this.
The Student Employment Office arranges student trainings by request
Following is a list of trainings we can arrange for small groups. Please contact us if you are interested. In addition, if you have ideas about sessions on different topics, we will be glad to see what we can work out.
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Customer Service Training
- Ethics and Americans with Disabilities Act
- Family Education Right to Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Managing roles - at work and in class - with fellow students
- Mediation (CARE Network)
- Nondiscrimination and Harassment
Additional Training Opportunities
- Human Resource Services at Evergreen has offered any remaining spaces in trainings scheduled for permanent staff members, to students who are interested. See the schedule of upcoming trainings at the Human Resources Trainings site.