Training Opportunities for Supervisors
We provide overview trainings covering hiring and pay paperwork and processes, and a review of how to use the CODA database. In addition, we would like to get suggestions from supervisors about what kinds of information and training they want and will make every effort to arrange them.
Topics we will cover:
- Hiring procedures and forms
- Student Status - Work study, Institutional and Temp
- Hours, wages, breaks, and work dates Rules and Regulations
- Mediation support (CARE Network)
- Student Appreciation events
- CODA Q&A
- FERPA - who needs it and how to get it
- Supervisor resources
Let us know in advance, and we will try to cover your topic.
Below is a list of trainings we can arrange for small groups. Please contact us if you are interested. In addition, if you have ideas about sessions on different topics, we will be glad to see what we can work out.
- Career Development
- Communication and Confrontation Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Customer Service Training (Train the Trainer - or we have a shorter workshop for front line staff)
- Helping Students Learn and Grow in their Work
- Managing Disciplinary Issues
- Mediation and how it works
- Safety in the Workplace
- Student Worker Appreciation
- Team Building and Morale
- Work Styles