A consortium is a formal partnership between Evergreen and an external organization that provides study abroad opportunities.
Partnerships benefit Evergreen students in several ways:
- Consortium partnerships offer more than 300 destination programs.
- Financial aid awards transfer and can be used to pay for consortium program costs.
- Evergreen students pay consortium tuition and fees, not Evergreen tuition. They also pay a $400 Consortium Enrollment Fee to Evergreen for each consortium term.
- Students are concurrently enrolled in the consortium program and at Evergreen. Students register at Evergreen with a CRN for the designated consortium, and therefore maintain student status.
- Credit that you earn transfers from the partner institution to Evergreen smoothly as long as students earn grades of 'C' or better. A grade of 'C-' or below will not qualify for transfer credit.
- Credit earned through consortium programs counts as credit earned at Evergreen.
Please submit a completed Preliminary Application for Consortium Study Abroad in order to to be considered for consortium program as an Evergreen student.
Announcement: As of Fall Quarter 2015, all students participating in Consortium Study Abroad will be assessed a $400 Consortium Enrollment Fee for each consortium term of registration, up to a maximum of $800 per academic year. Summer consortium registration through Evergreen will always include a $400 Consortium Enrollment Fee. These funds will be used to support improved services and streamlined processes for Study Abroad.
Participating consortium programs
- Alliance for Global Education - China
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS)
- American University of Cairo (AUC)
- Arava Institute
- Arizona in Russia
- Budapest Semesters in Math (BSM)
- Butler University, The Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA)
- Center of Ecological Living and Learning (CELL)
- Center for Global Education and Experience (CGEE)
- Council for International Educational Exchange (CIEE)
- Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS)
- Educational Programs Abroad (EPA)
- International Partnership for Service Learning (IPSL)
- Jackson School for International Studies, UW Seattle
- SEA Semester
- School for International Training (SIT)
- School for Russian and Asian Studies (SRAS)
- Studio Arts College International (SACI)
- Wildlands Studies *
*Domestic US programs are not eligible for consortium status.