TRiO/KEY Academic Need
To enroll in TRiO/KEY, you must qualify as having an academic need. The twelve academic needs are listed below:
- Low High School GPA - GPA below 2.8
- Low Admissions Test Scores
- Predictive Indicators (at least 2 factors must be present): Transfer student having attended 2 or more schools Student without a support system Single Parent Failing Grades Working more than 20hrs/week Student commutes to school over 40 miles per day round trip Upside down program Non-traditional curriculum Health issues (physical, emotional, sexual identity, etc.)
- Diagnostic Test: Learning Disability Documentation Must be on file with Access Services for Students with Disabilities
- Low College Grades Conditional admit On academic warning/OR returning from required academic leave New transfer student w/ a transfer GPA below 2.8 Academic or career goals require high GPA/evaluation
- High School Equivalency
- Did not earn 75% of attempted credit for a quarter or more at TESC or failed class(es) at previous institution.
- Student has been out of academic pipeline for 5 years or more.
- Limited English Proficiency
- Lack of Educational or Career Goals
- Lack of Academic Preparedness for College Level Coursework
- Need for Academic Support to Raise Grade/s in Required Course/s for Academic Major