Analytical Techniques for Public Service I & II PNAPP
Compare offerings and share your lists with others.
- Understand research designs and why we do research in public service.
- Competency in quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methodologies.
- Understand how research can maintain the status quo or change our social, economic, and political decisions.
- Understand various research methods.
- Become an ethical producer and consumer of research.
- What are the paradigms of social science? How are paradigms used in PA?
- What is involved in producing data vs. information?
- How is research produced and consumed in everyday public service?
- What are valid and reliable data? What are causal and correlated data?
- What drives research design? What are the consequences of design choices?
Credits per quarter
- Enhanced Online Learning - This offering requires access to web-based tools, but use of these tools does not displace any face-to-face instruction.
Class Size: 55
Located in: Olympia