Amount $7,340 disbursed among one or more MES students
New or Current Student Current
Important Information: this is a tuition award. Tuition Awards listed are a waiver of a student’s tuition. A recipient of a tuition award cannot receive funding in excess of the cost of full-time undergraduate tuition. In addition, a recipient of a tuition award cannot use the funding for any of the study abroad consortium agreements.
This fellowship is open to a second, third, or fourth year MES student who has not taken thesis credits. Preference is given to students who have completed the first three core classes, two electives, and have reached candidacy.
Primary consideration is given to students with financial need. Secondary consideration is given to academic merit; merit determined by required Merit Essay and MES faculty input.
Required to Apply:
- MES Scholarship Application submitted by February 1, 2021.
- US Applicants: FAFSA processed by February 1, 2021 (please submit by mid-January to ensure FAFSA is processed by this date). The FAFSA is available October 1, 2020.
- Undocumented Students: The WASFA completed and submitted to Evergreen's financial aid office by February 1, 2021.
- International Applicants: Financial Need Statement* submitted with MES Scholarship Application.
- MES Merit Essay: An essay of no more than 250 words that highlights your accomplishments as an MES student, your growth in the program, and your capacity to reach your professional goals with an MES degree. You will be asked to submit this statement in the online MES Scholarship Application. The same essay will be used for other awards requiring the MES Merit Essay. Please have your essay ready to cut and paste before you apply.
*The Financial Need Statement for international students should be no more than 250 words, and should include information you would like the award committee(s) to take into consideration with regard to your financial need. You will be asked to submit this statement in the online MES Scholarship Application if you are applying for any need-based aid. Please have your essay ready to cut and paste before you apply.