Student COVID-19 Information
Like every other college and university, we’re feeling the effects of COVID-19.
The spirit of innovation that Greeners have been practicing for nearly 50 years is evident as Evergreen faculty and staff quickly pivot to the new norms that teaching, learning, and providing services to students remotely bring. Students should know that the close 1:1 relationships that are a hallmark of an Evergreen education will continue.
Campus health and safety
Information about health and safety processes, including the health verification form, is available on the COVID-19 Health and Safety website.
Financial aid and tuition
Some fees have been suspended either for the entire 2020-21 academic year or until further notice. See the tuition and fees page for details.
See the financial aid website for any updates to financial aid availability or processes during the 2020-21 academic year.
Academic and career advising
The Academic and Career Advising office is closed for in person visits. Advisors are available via Zoom. Please reach out to us via email at email@example.com or call the main advising number at (360) 867-6312.
Student Success and Advising Texting Line: Text (360) 323-9201 for support Monday – Friday, 9 am – 4:30 pm. If you have any questions or need support with anything related to spring quarter, send us a text and we are here to support you.
Fall courses and programs
Due to the prevalence of COVID-19 most of our Fall 2020 offerings will be conducted remotely. Any in-person activities will proceed with appropriate health and safety measures, including physical distancing.
Visit the Fall 2020 catalog to see available course options, and filter the catalog to view remote courses or hybrid courses. Programs and courses that have planned for some in-person components are indicated in the program title. All other programs will be conducted fully remotely for fall quarter. Please read the catalog descriptions for specific details.
Evergreen is prepared to accommodate those students who need to attend classes remotely due to COVID-19 related illness, family care, quarantine, or health risk.
Remote instruction after Thanksgiving: To limit the risk of transmission within our community, all courses will switch to remote instruction after the week of Thanksgiving. This encompasses Week 9 through Evaluation Week, November 30 through December 18, 2020.
We are committed to supporting you with the resources you need to learn and thrive at Evergreen. For Fall 2020, most offices on campus will continue to offer services remotely. Some offices may offer limited in-person services; these offices will list hours and availability on their webpages. Most buildings and physical offices are closed. Some other important details:
- Student housing is open. Housing for 2020-21 will be in apartment-style housing only. Dining is available to-go only.
- Resources are available for student assistance with academic and career planning, remote learning, emergency financial aid, and other concerns.
- You can contact Registration, Student Employment, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and the Academic Deans online; limited access to the Cashier is available by appointment.
- Support from Inclusive Excellence and Student Success, Access Services, First Peoples Multicultural, Trans, and Queer Support, TRiO, and Upward Bound is also available remotely.
- Academic computing and technology support, electronic library resources and reference help, and tutoring in math and writing is available remotely. You can also arrange to check out physical items like books and Chromebooks with advance planning and curbside pickup. Media Loan also offers extended loan periods and contactless pickup by appointment.
- Student Activities will offer limited virtual opportunities for existing clubs and student governance groups. Advisors are excited to meet with students by appointment.
- The Greener Bookstore is offering mail and curbside service.
- The Costantino Recreation Center is closed.
- Wellness Services via telehealth will resume September 28.
- The Children’s Center will open starting September 1.
- Services specific to students enrolled at our Tacoma campus are available.
Temporary policy changes
Credit award policy
Some students have not had the means to take part in real-time class meetings because of the pandemic. We have asked faculty to provide other methods of earning credit for those students. This access is even more crucial because of the current national response to police violence.
The policy change reflects the message the deans and Provost have shared with faculty repeatedly throughout spring quarter.
Academic standing policy
This quarter's unique challenges may have added undue burden for students who were already struggling with school. Evergreen is suspending our usual Required Leave of Absence policy for one quarter to create more flexibility for supporting students.
If you earned less than 75% of credit attempted, you will receive a notice of Academic Standing status, which may include an Academic Warning, but you will not be required to take a leave of absence.
Please follow these steps to make sure you are on track with school:
- Reach out to your current faculty. Talk to them about what credits you have earned and build a working plan to earn the most possible credits this quarter.
- Contact Academic Advising to find out the potential consequences of repeated significant loss of credit.
- Contact Karen Gaul at firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns you have about academic standing.