Benefits to Living on Campus
Students love living in campus housing because it provides the right mix of convenience, cost, and access.
It’s good for you
Data shows that students who live on campus are more engaged in our learning community. Compared to first year students who live off campus, first year students who live on campus are:
- Twice as likely to study or work on a project with other students at home
- 23% more likely to say their living situation had a positive impact on the ability to make friends
- 18% more likely to say that Evergreen contributed to their understanding of people from other backgrounds
- 16% less likely to move during the school year
- 12% more likely to have discussions with people with differing political views
Source: 2018 National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE).
Housing Community Center (HCC)
The Housing Community Center (HCC) is a multi-purpose area where you can pick up your mail, do your laundry, and purchase essentials from the POD Market.
During Academic quarters, the mail room hours of operation are 12:30 - 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
HCC Laundry Room
Laundry costs $1.50 per load wash or dry. You can pay through an app on you Smartphone, or some machines take coins.
The POD Market
Residents can reserve one of twelve garden plots to grow their own fresh produce. The beds were designed and built as a collaboration between residents, staff, and the Community Gardens student group. Community gardeners have access to a nearby toolshed.
And even more
- Tune into student-run KAOS radio
- Pick up a copy of the Cooper Point Journal to keep up on what’s happening
- Not to mention everything else that goes on when you’re outside of class
The biggest perk of living on campus is convenience. You’re so close to the upper campus that getting to in-person class is a breeze—plus the College Activities Building (CAB) are just a quick walk from your front door. You'll also have Evergreen’s beautiful woods and beach right in your backyard!
- Free outdoor tanning area (weather permitting)
- Close to forest and beach trails
- Easy bus access (ride free with your student ID)
- On-campus health services