- Develop specific professional skills
- Enhance in-class learning
- Network with professionals
- Explore a career of interest
- Pave the way for opportunities after graduation
An internship is a temporary job in a professional setting related to your academic studies. You'll get hands-on experience outside the classroom and an opportunity to earn academic credit, money, or both. Internships can be part-time or full-time.
Visit the Internships and Employer Development office — part of Academic Advising — for help with all the steps in finding and developing your internship.
See the Individual Study website for forms and process information.