Media Loan supports instructional media integration across the curriculum by instructing and circulating media equipment to all currently registered Students and employed Faculty and Staff.
Spring 2020 Media Loan equipment returns
To support students in spring quarter, Media Loan created extended loan periods and waived fines and fees through evaluation week. Borrowers are 100% responsible for the replacement value of any lost or damaged loaned equipment.
All media equipment must be returned before spring quarter ends, so that it can be quarantined, inventoried and repaired as needed prior to the beginning of summer quarter.
Our expert staff will address equipment hygiene. Please do not attempt to disinfect equipment yourself or send it through the mail.
If you borrowed equipment from Media Loan, please check your email inbox regularly. In advance of your appointment, instructions will be sent to all borrowers on how to return equipment while observing health and safety procedures.
The short version:
- Check your email
- Schedule an appointment
- Wear a mask and observe social distancing (6 feet minimum) while on campus
- Be on time to your appointment
- Late appointments will not be honored to ensure safety
Media Loan, and the front doors of the Library Building, will be open for spring equipment returns on these days/times:
- Monday June 1, 10 am to 3 pm equipment drop off by appointment only
- Wednesday June 3, 12 pm to 6 pm equipment drop off by appointment only
- Friday June 5, 10 am to 3 pm equipment drop off by appointment only
From Red Square, please enter the Library building through the door designated for entry, and exit the door designated for exit. There will be signage to guide you towards Media Loan.
If these days/times for equipment return are not a possibility due to illness, travel, or your final projects, we want to work with you to find a solution. Please contact Media Loan as soon as possible at email@example.com.
Media Loan borrowing for Summer 2020
Equipment will not be available for check out until Summer Session begins. All equipment check outs and returns will be coordinated through faculty teaching summer classes and Media Loan. All equipment pick ups and returns will be by appointment only.
Equipment may be used for any credit-generating academic work or college business. Read our policies and Media Services equipment and resources use guidelines for detailed information.
- See the equipment catalog for a full listing.
- Visit our Help Wiki to read operating guides and download manuals.
To schedule a media facility, come to the Media Loan front desk in Library or call (360) 867-6253 to reserve. If you are a faculty requesting space for your academic programs make these requests using Schedule Evergreen.
How to Reserve & Checkout Equipment
- Visit Media Loan or call (360) 867-6253 to make a reservation.
- If the equipment requires a proficiency test, you'll need to schedule it in advance with Media Loan. It consists of a written component and an operation test. The operation test may take up to an hour, depending on the equipment.
- Pick up the equipment and check out at Media Loan. You'll need your valid Evergreen ID with a current term sticker.
- Equipment may be checked out for up to 3 days. You may be able to renew up to 3 times depending on the equipment and if it is available.
- Return the equipment to Media Loan. You can also return equipment to the Library circulation desk when Media Loan is closed.
For extended period beyond a week fill out an Extended Loan Request.
Instructional Media Support
Want to use media in your program, class, or course?
Do you need your employees to acquire a new media skill to meet your area's goals?
- Schedule a workshop or contact Ashley Williams, the Instructional Media Coordinator, to see how media can meet your learning goals.
- Set up an institutional account to check out equipment and authorize program aides to check out equipment for you.
- Request workshop spaces through Schedule Evergreen.
Return equipment on time so other students can use it. As an extra incentive, Media Loan charges late fines to encourage prompt return. Avoid late fines by returning or renewing equipment before it comes due. Need more incentive? Learn how late fines are assessed and what happens when you keep stuff WAY overdue.
Late returning Media Loan equipment? Appeal your late fine online.