The Costantino Recreation Center offers several options for fitness, strength training, and other kinds of recreation.
Equipment and most spaces are first-come, first-served and are available whenever the CRC is open. Peak hours during the school year are 5–8 pm on weekdays.
Cardio, Weights, and Cross-Training
Develop your own workout system with our fitness facilities on the second and third floor of the recreation center.
- Cardio room with treadmills, elliptical, and stationary bicycles.
- Rowing machines
- Boxing room with punching bags and speed bags
- GeoFit Room for cross training: includes battle ropes for upper body strength, pull up rig, and pegboard.
- Weight room with both free weights and assisted weight machines (No one under 16 is allowed in the weight room; users 16–17 must come with a coach or parent.)
- Racquetball courts: both a great wood court (goggles required) and a nice place for stretching and floor work.
The GeoFit Room, weight room, and one of the racquetball courts are all ADA accessible.
Build your strength, balance, and flexibility on our indoor climbing wall. This cool community space on the second floor offers the following:
- A mix of climbing routes that are always changing
- New, thick floor padding
- Rated routes to introduce beginners or challenge seasoned climbers
- A route suggestion board
- Free climbing shoe checkout
Climbing shoes are required. Street shoes should be kept out of the climbing gym. You can stash them in a locker in the hallway.
This gym offers bouldering only—routes are low to the ground and don’t require a rope, harness, or carabiners.
The outdoor climbing wall is currently only available by reservation or through special events sponsored by The Outdoor Program.
The Main Gym
The main gymnasium often hosts open sport times from 7:30–9 pm. Hosting three Intercollegiate sports teams, the gym can be busy during the fall and winter seasons.
- Monday: Volleyball
- Tuesday: Basketball
Otherwise, when the gym is open, feel free to come in and play basketball, try breakdancing tricks, or just hang out. It's an open space for all our members.
- The multipurpose classroom and dance rooms are only available by reservation.