The Sara Ann Bilezikian Fellowship
Due Date: Monday, February 17, 2020
Two-year award worth $9,143 for 2019-2020
- Applicants must demonstrate that they share similar commitments, beliefs and goals to those of Sara Bilezikian, a former Evergreen student. Sara believed in and was an advocate for peace, human rights, and a safe environment. The recipient will share these beliefs and plan to implement them either through their careers or through the life they will live.
- Financial need will also be taken into consideration.
Required to Apply:
- MES Financial Assistance Application submitted by February 17, 2020.
- US Applicants: FAFSA processed by February 1, 2020. The FAFSA is available October 1, 2019.
- International Applicants: Financial Need Statement* submitted with MES financial aid application.
- An essay, not to exceed 500 words, that addresses your past experience with environmental protection, environmental advocacy and social justice; how your studies in the Graduate Program on the Environment fit into your long-term plans, how completing the program will help achieve your goals; and what you plan to do upon graduation from the program. You will be asked to submit this statement in the online financial aid application. Please have your essay ready to cut and paste before you apply. The same essay can be used for the other Bilezikian Fellowship.
*The Financial Need Statement for international students should be no more than 250 words, and should include information you would like the award committee(s) to take into consideration with regard to your financial need. You will be asked to submit this statement in the online financial aid application if you are applying for any need-based aid. Please have your essay ready to cut and paste before you apply.