SSC MES Research Support
Obtain your faculty's signature and submit all completed paperwork to the SSC at least two weeks before you want to begin
Are you a Master in Environmental Studies student who is interested in doing field or lab based research?
Consult with your MES faculty to talk about your interests and options.
You can make an appointment with the Science Support Center manager (email@example.com) to see if there are resources available to support the project you are interested in.
The SSC has a variety of field & lab equipment and assignable research space for MES students doing research work. The assignable research space is stocked with common equipment like pH meters, balances, and fume hoods, and you can check out additional equipment specific to your project after it is approved.
Check out Scientific Instrumentation to see what advanced instruments are available for student use after successful workshop completion. Contact the staff & faculty leads listed with specific instrumentation questions.
Be sure to explore funding options available for MES students.
When you are ready to start your project:
- Fill out
- a SSC Student Project Form (PDF) This outlines your research project & helps determine what lab space, specialized equipment, and trainings you need. Attach any supporting literature and drafts of your methodology you might have.
- the Equipment/Chemical Request Form (PDF) (you can submit additional requests as needed)
- and Chemical Fact Sheets for any chemicals you will need.
- Go over these forms with your faculty and get their signatures of approval.
- Submit this completed paperwork to the SSC at least two weeks before you want to begin.
You do not need to know your complete methodology before you start the process. It's likely that you will make changes and need to request additional items once your research has begun. That's okay!
A Scientific Instructional Technician (SIT) will be assigned as your contact person after you submit your completed forms. Your assigned SIT will work with the SSC to get you the lab space, materials, equipment and trainings that you need.
Stop by, give us a call, or send an email if you have any questions!