Grant funding from external organizations is an important resource for Evergreen. Grants often add a margin of excellence to the Evergreen experience. The college encourages faculty and staff to pursue grant funding for projects that align with Evergreen’s mission, priorities, and values. The Office of Grant and Foundation Relations provides assistance, advice, and coordination as well as serves as the office of record to submit all grants on behalf of Evergreen and The Evergreen State College Foundation.
Procedure and Timeline for Proposal Development
Grant-funded initiatives involve the commitment of the college’s human, financial, and physical resources so thorough review is necessary. Here is how to get started:
1. Request to Apply for Grant Funding
This pre-approval review procedure is designed to ensure that the appropriate approval is received before substantial work is committed to proposal development. This process confirms that a proposed grant project is appropriate to Evergreen's mission, priorities, and values; is in keeping with the college’s fundraising policy (http://www.evergreen.edu/policies/policy/fundraising); and has the support necessary to be successfully carried out.
- PI must complete and submit Preliminary Grant and Fundraising Questionnaire (Word) to Grant and Foundation Relations six weeks prior to proposal deadline.
- Grants and submitted proposals that have not gone through this process may be withdrawn and funding returned to the source.
2. Meet with Grant and Foundation Relations
We will work with you to develop a plan for submission, set benchmarks, and provide resources and advice.
3. Provide necessary materials
Staff and faculty working on a grant proposal must provide all materials required for submission in final form, including a budget, proposal narratives, and all other requested information at least two weeks prior to the deadline for submission.
4. Submission by Grant and Foundation Relations
Our office will make the official submissions on behalf of Evergreen or The Foundation.
We are excited to work with you!