Independent Options for Study Abroad

Students can choose to Study Abroad during a leave of absence from Evergreen. 

Students many take a leave of absence for up to one year and enroll directly into universities abroad or other U.S. college programs that accept non-matriculated students into their study abroad programs.  Later, they can attempt to transfer earned credit back to Evergreen. 

Note: you may not use financial aid for leave of absence since you are on leave from Evergreen.  There is also no guarantee that all credits earned will transfer back to Evergreen.  Finally, students must make sure they have not already transferred the maximum 135 credits allowed from other institutions. 

You are encouraged to meet with an international programs advisor to discuss whether this option is viable for you.