Case Studies and Resources
Case Study: Barton Combined Sewer Overflow Control Project (pdf) -- CSI's Inaugural Case Study: Published February 2016
Sustainable Infrastructure Clearinghouse -- Resources and information about innovative sustainable infrastructure projects from around the world.
Resilience 2100: Tools for Navigating Change in the 21st Century -- Great content, thought-provoking articles and podcast from CSI Advisor, Steve Moddemeyer.
- Bremerton, WA's Award-winning Stormwater Park – The Association of Washington Cities' recognized Lillian A. and James Walker Park featuring green stormwater infrastructure as an example of Municipal Excellence, one of several projects to win the award in 2017.
- The Compost Story – Learn all about the benefits of composting. Kiss The Ground has produced this fascinating educational video featuring Rosario Dawson and others. More interesting compost-related videos can be found by scrolling to the bottom of this page.
- Manchester, WA's Stormwater Park LID Retrofit – timelapse video produced by Kitsap County which tells the story of this innovative park's design and construction.
- Safe Drinking Water Begins Upstream – video by the Geos Institute about how investing in green infrastructure such as watershed restoration can be more cost effective than building new "grey" infrastructure systems.
- Artful Transmission Towers – article about transmission towers designed to look like people, originally posted to Treehugger
- The Art of Infrastructure – slideshow featuring creative and innovative infrastructure design, from Orion magazine
- Street Art Blended with Nature – video illustrating ways that artwork associated with buildings and infrastructure can be combined with street trees and urban greenspace!
Please let us know if you have ideas for content that should be featured on this page!