Evergreen: a very different place to learn
Choosing an Area of Emphasis Puts the Power in Your Hands
Beyond formal majors.
- Our undergraduate (bachelor’s) degrees have few requirements, which means every program you take serves your unique interests and tackles fresh, relevant topics.
- You can design an area of emphasis that focuses your educational pathway. Evergreen faculty will help you create your pathway and articulate it through an Academic Statement.
Interdisciplinary Programs Reflect the Real World
Beyond disconnected classes.
- Our programs typically represent a full-time course load. That means you really only take one “class” each quarter.
- Instead of taking a bunch of unrelated classes, you learn about the interconnections of subjects in the real world. All your classes, teachers and classmates are in one place.
- You can also do individual study or research in subjects that build upon your academic experience. Evergreen’s learning contracts require active participation in your education.
- Or you can take more narrowly focused courses to complement programs and individual study.
Narrative Evaluations are More Complete
Beyond letter grades.
- Your learning and academic progress are assessed in narrative evaluations rather than grades. Experience has shown us that these noncompetitive transcripts are valued by employers and graduate schools because they are more descriptive and revealing than traditional grades.
- You’ll meet with your professor to review your learning and discuss how it will help you succeed in the workplace or continued studies. Good evaluations are like getting a letter of recommendation from every program you take.