Full Text of the Policy
WAC 174-136-043 Weapons Prohibited.
(1) Possession or use of firearms, explosives, dangerous chemicals or other weapon is prohibited on the college campus, college owned property, and at college sponsored events, unless prior written approval has been obtained consistent with subsection (6).
(2) Firearm means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder, whether loaded or unloaded.
(3) Weapon includes, but is not limited to, air guns, pellet guns, paint ball guns, or other pneumatic propellant, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument with a blade longer than three inches, club, bat, sand club, metal knuckles, or any other object or instrument apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.
(4) Possession of a valid concealed pistol license authorized by the state of Washington is not an exemption under this section. However, nothing in this section shall prevent an individual holding a valid concealed pistol license from securing their pistol in a vehicle as authorized under RCW 9.41.050.
(5) Only people who are authorized to carry firearms or other weapons as duly appointed and commissioned law enforcement officers in the state of Washington, or commissioned by agencies of the United States government, shall possess firearms or other weapons issued for their possession by their respective law enforcement agencies while on campus, college sponsored event, or other college-owned property. A law enforcement agent must notify Evergreen Police Services of his or her presence on campus on arrival.
(6) Individuals seeking to bring a firearm or other weapon onto campus, college-owned property, or a college sponsored event must obtain prior written authorization from Evergreen Police Services, or any other person designated by the president of the College. Evergreen Police Services, or authorized designees, shall review any such request and, if it is granted, may establish conditions to the authorization.
(7) Violations of the subsections of this section are subject to appropriate disciplinary or legal action including, but not limited to, exclusion from campus or expulsion.