Checking Out of Housing
Winter 2021 Check-out procedures
12 noon on Friday, March 19th is the winter 2021 checkout deadline.
When you check out make sure to do the following to avoid a $100 improper check out fee:
- Remove all personal belongings from your bedroom and common areas, and clean your bedroom and common areas per your agreement with your roommates. We are not accepting donations of any kind during this checkout. Please take all your belongings with you or dispose them in the appropriate dumpsters outside.
- Secure your window and lock your bedroom and front door.
- Email email@example.com with subject line ‘moved out’, and your name and room number in the message.
- After you have emptied your room, place your keys in the key envelope provided and drop your keys in the drop box in the HCC.
- Check your mail in the HCC for the last time before you return your keys.
- Load vehicles in F-Lot or you can park at the parking meters in the A bus loop for 15 minutes for loading/unloading. There is no charge for parking on campus at this time. Do not park in bus or fire lanes.
- After you check out, update your forwarding address by logging on to My Evergreen, clicking Registration, and clicking Personal Information.
- Review your Housing Agreement for details regarding break fees, deadlines, and the Housing Agreement Release form.
- Section 10C - Agreement break charges and dates
- Section 13 - Check Out Information
After you have checked out, a staff member will assess the room for any cleaning and damages. You and your roommates will receive an email about any cleaning and damages you may have caused in the common areas.
Health and Safety
Safety protocols to make check-out smooth
- Wear a face-covering or mask in all shared-use spaces and have family and friends that are assisting you in moving all wear masks (please refer to the Thurston County Public Health mask requirement issued May 27).
- Maintain a 6’ social distance at all times.
- We anticipate that many people will wait until the deadline to move out. This will make it more difficult to maintain social distancing and move out on time. If you are able, plan to move out prior to the deadline.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Remove all trash and personal items in your living space to avoid cleaning charges. This will help keep our staff safe who are cleaning up after you have left.